Accounting and Bookkeeping, Essential Skills Course
Develop an understanding of the basics of bookkeeping and its place within accounting. If you’re thinking about accountancy as a job, or thinking of setting up your own bookkeeping business, this course can provide the perfect foundation of knowledge and the stepping stone you need to boost your career.
Comprehensive and convenient
The course is broken down into chunks with a quiz at the end to help you recap and remember everything you have learned. Learn a glossary of accounting terms, the basic principles of double entry bookkeeping, the importance of bookkeeping in business, accounting categories and much more.
The course is a taster and shouldn’t take long to complete but, as a distance learner, you can be flexible on the length of time it takes you to finish and plan the amount of time you can spend completing your learning. The nature of online learning enables you to study anywhere and at any time.
key learning points
The course has been developed to give you an overview of the basic principles of bookkeeping. Focus areas include:
- Glossary of accounting terms: Equip yourself with the language necessary to make your way in the world of accounting and bookkeeping. This comprehensive glossary categorises and clearly explains all of the terms that you will need to know to complete this course and understand bookkeeping.
- Double entry bookkeeping: Delve into the history of double entry bookkeeping and why it remains the key concept underpinning financial accounting today.
- Bookkeeping in business: Discover the importance of bookkeeping in business, why accounting records are necessary and what kinds of records need to be kept, and what the legal requirements are.
- Three fundamental concepts: Explore the three fundamental concepts underpinning double entry bookkeeping: separate entity, the accounting equation and the dual effect. Learn about their importance within bookkeeping and how they are applied.
- Accounting categories and dual effect examples: Discover the 5 key accounting categories and how various transactions fit into them. Explore practical examples of dual effect.
- Take a short multiple-choice quiz to consolidate everything you have learnt.
advantages of this course
- Free online test to allow you to track your progress
- Flexible learning that is tailored to suit your schedule. Study around other commitments and work at your own pace, however quick or slow you are to complete the course.
- A thorough understanding of bookkeeping basics in a course broken down into manageable chunks
- Enhance your current job prospects or embark upon a new career in the field of accountancy
Take control of your career and enhance your prospects with this fantastic course.
Salary range chart
Career path Chart
- Basic Bookkeeping: Introduction to this learning area
- Useful Aide Memoires
- Some games to help you learn
- Basic Bookkeeping : Learning Session 1
- Basic Bookkeeping : Learning Session 2
- Basic Bookkeeping : Learning Session 3
- Extra practice
- Basic Bookkeeping Progress Test
- What next?
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above