Microsoft Excel - Beginners
Most people have Microsoft Excel on their computers, but not everyone can say they have a basic working knowledge of this incredibly useful and popular tool for visualising and analysing data. Excel is widely used in homes to track finances and more, by small business owners for recording hours, finances and invoices, and in large corporations to visualise and analyse data.
Who is the Course For?
This great value online video course is perfect for anyone who wants to use Excel either at home or at work. Whether you’re a complete beginner, have knowledge of some Excel basics or are familiar with an old version of the system, this course will soon get you up to speed with all you need to know to make Excel work for you both at home and in your career. After a comprehensive introduction you will receive clear, step-by-step instruction on the basic Excel concepts, cells and sheets before moving on to perform basic functions.
How Do I Learn?
All course content is in easy-to-access modules, making it a time effective as well as cost effective solution for busy people who need to fit learning around their other commitments. Because there is no weekly lesson to attend.
Key Learning Points
Work through the 10-15 hours of course content to learn all you need to know about Excel. With a whopping 36 modules you can feel confident of a strong beginner-level grounding in this useful IT tool.
- Begin with a basic overview of Excel.
- Learn how to calculate sums, averages and totals.
- Move on to counting cells.
- Get to grips with common formulas such as IF, COUNTIF, SUMIF, VLOOKUP, and AVERAGEIF.
- Tackle the important area of pivot tables.
- Find out how to insert, edit and delete comments.
- Learn about creating borders, wrapping text and merging cells.
- Gain insight into pasting, sorting and converting columns to rows.
- Become confident creating graphs and charts.
- Finally, learn how to use the dictionary and hyperlinks within Excel.
Advantages of the Course
- Study on all your internet-enabled devices at a time and in a place that suits you.
- Technical support is on hand, should you need it.
- The course has no entry requirements and is suitable for anyone who wants to improve their Excel skills.
- Enjoy 12 months access to the course content, meaning you can refresh knowledge whenever you need it.
- With 36 detailed modules taking around 20 minutes each to complete, it’s easy to fit learning into your busy schedule.
- Not only will mastering Microsoft Excel boost your career prospects, it will prove to be a useful skill in all areas of your life.
Get on the path to Excel excellence by signing up to the Microsoft Excel for Beginners Certificate today.
This course is CPD certified.
- Introduction to Excel
- Subtraction in Excel
- Running Totals
- Paste Special
- SUMIF Formula
- IF Formula
- Countif Formula
- Counta Formula
- Count Formula
- Date Formula
- Month Formula
- Pivot Tables
- Pie Charts
- Doughnut Charts
- Line Charts
- Column Charts
- Bar Charts
- Number Formatting
- Create Borders
- Conditional Formatting
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above